Varieties of hosting services
A hosting solution is connected with keeping and/or sharing specific web content on a hosting server run by a hosting company. There are different types of hosting services used for different aims, so let's have a glance at these. In that way, you can pick what you want, based on whether you wish to have a web page, e-mails, or to share files with chums and associates.
- File hosting: a solution furnished by particular companies, which enables you to share large files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole aim is to share files, since it does not support web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to examine a table of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting plans often include adverts by the download links, while a timer compels you to await a given stretch of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you get a paid file hosting package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more trendy "cloud hosting". This is an entirely amiss explanation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would split the tasks at hand between autonomous groups of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving miscellaneous web hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, website hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting service is just a type of a data storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: akin to file hosting; given firms offer a hosting solution for images solely. This hosting brand is suitable if you desire to share a great quantity of pics with comrades or partners since the solution is usually free of cost. You will get a randomly generated link for each and every picture or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a service committed to managing your mail addresses. Some providers provide website hosting services for sites, but do not offer an e-mail hosting service. If you wish to get an email address with your domain name but do not want to run a web site, then the email hosting solution is what you want. You can create email mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a specific video clip, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this method instead of uploading the video file in a web hosting account is that the video file generates a given amount of CPU load, so with a bunch of videos and several hundred site viewers, you may have difficulty with your web page hosting supplies. Embedding the video will permit you to manage as many video files as you desire without worrying about system supplies.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you need if you want to own a website. To a certain extent, it consists of all of the abovementioned hosting types since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can have databases and e-mail address accounts, upload video files, and so on. At Papua Web Hosting, for example, you can have a look at web hosting and dedicated server hosting services that enable you to have all of the aforementioned services in one single place. There may be restrictions based on the form of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web hosting plan may be better or worse in comparison with the regular email/file/video/image hosting plans that are designed for specific content solely.